The 2017 SPOT Youth Leadership Summit will start on Thursday, June 15th, 2017 at Prairie View A&M University, and will end on June 18th. Registration is open for the 2017 SPOT Youth Leadership Summit. Please contact Kartez Rowel the SPOT VP of Programming at email@example.com with any questions
The SPOT Leadership Summit is an exciting opportunity for high school students to explore various aspects of leadership, meet other student leaders, earn scholarships by competing in competitions, and learn about & discuss leadership alongside Prairie View A&M University students, staff, and faculty members.
The summit is open to all high school students.
Some important summit logistics to note include:
- The cost is $200 to participate in the summit, and $20 for each parent or guardian that wants to be a part of the scholarship ceremony on Sunday June 18th. The students money will go towards housing, food, T-shirts, transportation, and a field trip to the local waterpark.
- Transportation to and from Prairie View A&M University is not provided. Summit participants will need to make their own travel arrangements.
- Summit check in begins at 7:45 am and the conference begins promptly at 8:15 am.
- The summit concludes at 6:00 pm and includes meals for the students and a sit down dinner for the students and participating guardians at the end of the ceremeony.
- Throughout the day, students will attend leadership workshops, participate in group activities and discussions facilitated by current Prairie View students, and spend time brainstorming ways to integrate ideas from the summit to their lives.
Leadership workshop titles and activities featured in the 2017 SPOT Youth Leadership Summit include:
- How to present yourself, and the importance of stay prepared and confident
- Knowing yourself as a leader, playing to others talents
- How to be a scholar while enjoying a social life, Understanding time management
- Importance of saving money, how to do so, and entrepreneurial skills
- Meet the stars on campus! Learning how to be the best from the best
- Campus wide scavenger hunt (prizes included)
- Guest Speaker
- Campus Tours
- Multiple group activities which promote leadership and growth
- Real Talks with SPOT members